Saturday, November 21, 2015

Welcome to The Letter Detective!

I love ancestry. I've loved tracking my family through Ancestry.com, and finding out what secrets my dna hold with the Ancestry.com dna testing kit. I'm addicted to the show Who Do You Think You Are.

Although there is always more work to be done (namely narrowing my massive family tree into a tree of direct decedents based on primary evidence), I was browsing on Ebay recently and found old letters for sale. For fun, I decided to see if I could find out more about the people in these letters. What were there lives like? What happened to them? What did they look like? It's so wonderful to see little nuggets of how people lived in the past - I was dying of curiosity about what these strangers were like.

So, welcome to The Letter Detective. I intend to find old letters and accept the challenge to see if I can fill in more about the history of these letter writers and recipients beyond the pages of their correspondence.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to keep an eye on your blog in hopes you find a letter I'm interested in!! Besides, my daughter's name is Haven. :). Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete